Our March event is now available on-demand!
- Monitoring Campus Environments
- Security Management Planning in Light of Active Shooter Events
- Hottest Third-Party Solutions
Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) in La Plata, Md., recently announced that it has selected an AI visual gun detection solution to keep students, staff, and faculty safe against the backdrop of increasing active shooting incidents in schools, according to a news release.
As campuses prioritize security upgrades, many are looking to replace standalone technologies with systems that work together as a cohesive solution. While investigating options, decision-makers will ultimately reach a fork in the road.
On college campuses, it is important to ensure that teaching staff have access to security tools and can easily communicate with the appropriate people in the event of an emergency.
As security professionals, we have an immense responsibility to protect people, places, and things across many different sectors. This responsibility feels especially crucial in K–12 schools. Fortifying them against emerging threats while still maintaining a nurturing learning environment is complex, challenging, and ever-evolving.
• How Hospitals Use Video to Improve IAQ, Patient Satisfaction
• Extending the Perimeter on Campus Security and Safety
• Hybrid Access Control in Campus Environments
• Streamlining K-12 Safety and Security Grant Writing